Building On A Proven Foundation
Leadership, Innovation, Expertise, and Tier 1 Performance
Coriant Brings Innovations in Metro to Core IP and Packet Optical Transport to AfricaCom 2017
Coriant to Showcase Open, Hyperscale, and Performance-Aware Solutions Powered by SDN/NFV-Enabled Automation and Programmability at Africa’s Premier Telecoms Event
MUNICH, Germany, 12 October 2017 – Coriant, a leading supplier of packet optical, IP, and SDN solutions to Tier 1 global service providers and web-scale Internet operators, today announced that it will showcase the latest advances in its portfolio of SDN/NFV-enabled packet optical transport solutions at AfricaCom 2017 in Cape Town, South Africa from November 7-9. Visitors to the Coriant AfricaCom exhibit will learn how Coriant innovation in open, SDN/NFV-enabled, and performance-aware connectivity is transforming network infrastructure and paving the way for a new generation of agile and scalable end-user services, including cloud, 5G, IoT, Data Center Interconnect (DCI), and Virtual Reality.
Coriant industry leadership will also be showcased as part of Coriant’s participation at AfricaCom 2017 in a keynote address by Coriant CEO & Chairman, and MTN Board Member, Shaygan Kheradpir:
- Connecting Africa Stream: "5G, IoT, and Super High Speeds to the Cloud: Disruptive TCO & Industrial Internet Revenues" – (November 7, 13:10-13:30)
Coriant looks forward to meeting with customers and showcasing its best-in-class products that have been making an impact on mobile and fixed line operator networks and end-user services in Africa. Solution highlights at the Coriant AfricaCom Exhibit Booth (D94/D95) will include:
- Performance-aware optical networks powered by Coriant Aware Technology, an innovative toolkit for maximizing the value of dynamic optical networks with sophisticated real-time performance awareness and control
- Game-changing hyperscale innovation for metro, long haul, and DCI transport applications enabled by the industry-leading Coriant Groove G30 Solution
- Best-in-class coherent optical transmission for scalable, robust, and power-efficient transport powered by the 400G-capable Coriant CloudWave Optics solution
- Universal switching and transport for flexible and future-proof metro and long haul networks powered by the Coriant® mTera® Universal Transport Platform
- Open and purpose-built systems including the DCI-optimized Coriant® 7300 OLS and Groove G30 OLS, a plug-and-play optical layer solution that provides 3x the density over comparable offerings
- SDN-enabled automation and programmability powering simplified operations, improved planning, and performance-based optimization via the multi-layer Coriant Transcend Software Suite
- 5G-optimized mobile backhaul with best-in-class synchronization and an end-to-end portfolio of scalable, power-efficient IP/MPLS edge routing solutions, including the Coriant® 8665, 8625, 8615, and 8602 Smart Routers
- Metro network flexibility enabled by the Coriant® Pluggable Optical Layer and feature-rich Coriant® 7100 Packet Optical Transport Platform
To arrange a meeting with Coriant executives or technology experts at AfricaCom 2017, please contact Barbara Biadati at email@example.com.
About AfricaCom 2017
AfricaCom, one of the continent’s largest and most influential Technology, Media, and Telecommunications conferences and exhibitions will take place at the Cape Town International Convention Centre in South Africa from November 7-9, 2017. Regarded as the essential must attend event of the year, AfricaCom offers an unparalleled opportunity to discover pioneering innovation that will influence Africa’s progression. The key themes for 2017 include exploring the path towards Industry 4.0 – accelerating Africa’s digital revolution, digital connectivity as an engine for economic development and social empowerment, fuelling entrepreneurship, and innovating business models in digital Africa. For more information, visit the AfricaCom website.
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant portfolio of SDN-enabled, edge-to-core packet optical networking and DCI solutions enables network operators to cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of mobile, video, and cloud services. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, Web 2.0 content providers, cable MSOs, government agencies, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest @Coriant news and information.