Coriant Extends SDN Control from Transport to IP/MPLS Networks with Introduction of Packet Controller
Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller Enhances Multi-layer Optimization and Improves Service Performance in IP/MPLS based Mobile Backhaul and Carrier Aggregation Networks
NAPERVILLE, Illinois, 02 February 2016 – Coriant, a global supplier of SDN-enabled end-to-end transport networking solutions, today announced the expansion of its Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solutions portfolio with the introduction of a packet controller optimized for mobile backhaul and carrier aggregation networks. The introduction of the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller for IP/MPLS enhances the multi-layer optimization and control capabilities of the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solution and helps network operators evolve to a more dynamic and efficient mode of operations while reducing network costs and complexity.
Proven in Tier 1 carrier customer field trials, the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solution is an open, programmable, and automated software suite that supports efficient implementation of workflow-optimized NaaS applications. Combining the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Transport Controller and Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller together with industry-leading network management and planning capabilities, the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solution enables full, end-to-end network control – from optical transport to IP/MPLS access and aggregation networks.
The newly introduced Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller supports a broad range of packet-based access and aggregation transport network use cases, including:
- Automated provisioning via customer portals
- Dynamic load distribution based on network congestion
- Alarm-based service re-route to reduce network instability
- Automated assignment of SRLG LSPs over diverse optical paths
- Low latency services
- WAN integration with virtualized and cloud-based services
Designed to support multi-vendor, orchestrator-agnostic SDN network implementations, the Coriant Transcend™ SDN software suite for packet and transport networks provides network operators with powerful tools to drive down network costs and address operational challenges driven by growth in high-bandwidth video, mobile, and cloud applications.
The Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller supports a number of key features optimized for forward-looking, carrier grade applications, including:
- Programming interfaces built upon standards-based interfaces (RESTCONF/YANG) for seamless interoperability with third-party OSS, orchestrators, and applications. The open API framework simplifies end-to-end service provisioning and enables automated synchronization between IP/MPLS and optical layers for enhanced multi-layer traffic engineering and optimization.
- A centralized Path Computation Element (PCE) that defines traffic flows based on real-time performance criteria in addition to traditional routing algorithms for context-optimized path computation and routing (e.g., routing based on network congestion or underlying optical transport paths). These capabilities have been shown to enable network operators to increase network utilization, improve network reliability, simplify operations, and deliver performance-aware services, while enabling efficiency improvements that can generate CapEx savings of up to 35%.
- Support for new and currently deployed network elements, as well as interoperability with existing NMS deployments, including the Coriant® 8000 Intelligent Network Manager (INM), to enable seamless migration and a non-disruptive roll out of network-wide SDN programmability.
"The introduction of the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Packet Controller follows upon successful completion of Tier 1 customer and multi-vendor interoperability trials," said Paul Smelters, Executive Vice President, Product Management and Marketing, Coriant. "This solution significantly strengthens the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solutions portfolio by advancing SDN-enabled IP/Optical interworking at a time when network operators are looking to simplify multi-layer architectures without sacrificing scalability, flexibility, or resiliency."
For more information on the Coriant Transcend™ SDN Solution, please visit www.coriant.com.
Coriant at Mobile World Congress 2016
Coriant will showcase the latest innovations in its SDN-enabled Smart IP/MPLS Router Series and Packet Optical Transport Solutions portfolio at Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona from February 22-25 (Hall 2, Stand 2I30). From service-aware mobile backhaul to the scalable packet optical core, Coriant will demonstrate a broad range of multi-layer solutions that help network operators realize the business value of intelligent, highly-programmable networks optimized for a new generation of dynamic services and applications.
Coriant delivers innovative, dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant portfolio of SDN-enabled, edge-to-core transport solutions enables network operators to reduce operational complexity, improve utilization of multi-layer network resources, and create new revenue opportunities. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, content providers, cable MSOs, large enterprises, government agencies, financial institutions, and utility companies. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, forged by over 35 years of experience and expertise in Tier 1 carrier networks, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com.
Scott Larson Media Relations Coriant +1.978.250.3433 email@example.com