Coriant Reinforces Packet Optical and Mobile Backhaul Leadership in Latin America
End-to-End, SDN-enabled Product Portfolio to be Featured at Futurecom 2014, Booth J6
SÃO PAULO, Brazil, 13 October 2014 – Coriant, a global supplier of SDN-enabled end-to-end transport solutions, today announced its participation at Futurecom 2014, from October 13-16, in São Paulo, Brazil. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and over 30 years combined experience partnering with Tier 1 Latin America operators to build best-in-class communications networks, Coriant will showcase its expanded portfolio of SDN-enabled edge router and packet optical networking solutions. The global company, which was founded upon the long-haul networking expertise of Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) Optical Networks and the market-leading metro and mobile backhaul capabilities of Tellabs, serves more than 500 customers globally including 90% of the world's top 50 service providers.
At Futurecom 2014, Coriant executives will discuss the following topics:
- Session: SDN - Using the Network in a Flexible and Intelligent Way Speaker: Filipe Caetano, Head of Product Management OSS Date and Time: Tuesday, October 14, 2014, 4:00 p.m. - 5:10 p.m. (BRT)
- Session: Perspectives and Evolution for the Next Generation LTE Networks Speaker: Tarcisio Ribeiro, Senior Vice President for Russia, Africa and Middle East Date and Time: Wednesday, October 15, 2014, 4:40 p.m. - 5:50 p.m. (BRT)
At Futurecom, Coriant's industry-leading portfolio of end-to-end, multi-layer backhaul and packet optical transport networking solutions will be presented, including:
- Coriant Dynamic Optical Cloud™, a highly programmable infrastructure solution that enables service providers to address rapidly changing traffic dynamics driven by cloud connectivity. The Coriant Dynamic Optical Cloud™ networking solution is powered by proven metro-to-core packet optical networking capabilities and industry-leading Software Defined Networking (SDN) intelligence for a new level of programmability, automation and control of multi-layer, multi-vendor transport networks.
- An expanded suite of Smart Edge Routing products optimized for mobile backhaul applications and network evolution to small cells. These solutions deliver mobile and fixed mobile convergence services using any combination of technologies on a single platform, and can also support legacy Frame Relay, ATM and TDM/private leased-line services.
- The Coriant hiT 7300, an industry-leading, high-performance multi-haul transport platform is optimized for flexible and efficient transport in long haul and ultra-long haul networks. Widely deployed in the most demanding Tier 1 networks in the world, the hiT 7300 delivers superior density and reach, photonic mesh resiliency and agility, and scalability to 100G and beyond.
- The recently introduced Coriant mTera™ Universal Transport Platform, an innovative packet optical solution designed for operational simplicity, flexibility and scalability. The Coriant mTera™ Universal Transport Platform solution was designed with density and reliability as its primary characteristics. The mTera™ Universal Transport Platform architecture includes redundancy with six switch fabric slots, fourteen service slots, and processors enabling restoration coordination across multiple networking layers resulting in a high degree of flexibility.
- Widely deployed in service provider networks around the world, the Coriant 7100 Packet Optical Transport Platform is an integrated multiservice transport system that provides a dynamic optical networking solution for wireless, fixed line and business services networks. Dynamic optical networking supports current network needs while enabling flexible network expansions. The 7100 provides industry-leading efficiency, scalability and flexibility offering enterprises a best-in-class solution to meet increasing user demand for mobile Internet.
- The Coriant 7090 Packet Transport Platform provides an efficient and scalable packet transport solution supporting MPLS-TP and Carrier Ethernet. This solution is ideal to support the explosive growth of IP traffic impacting carrier access and aggregation networks.
"Through our technology leadership in packet optical, Carrier Ethernet and mobile backhaul solutions and our comprehensive local support capabilities and proven supply record, Coriant is positioned to offer top-quality products and services for its customers in Latin America," remarked Alberto Barriento, Coriant Vice President of Sales and Service in Latin America and the Caribbean. "Coriant in Latin America includes more than 200 employees with offices in São Paulo, Curitiba, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Mexico City, and Monterrey, as well as operations in Miami, Florida. Our customer-first organization is complemented by technical support centers available 24x7 for customers in the region."
Coriant serves leading service providers and enterprises throughout Latin America. Our customers include Tier 1 network operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), energy and utility companies, financial institutions, enterprises, and Alternative Service Providers (ASPs) such as data center operators and content providers. Coriant customers utilize our proven DWDM, OTN, ROADM, Metro Ethernet and SDN solutions to reduce costs, simplify operations, and deliver high-quality services to residential and business customers.
Coriant, founded as an independent company in 2013, is an industry-leading supplier of dynamic metro-to-core transport solutions. We serve over 500 customers globally, including 90% of the world's top 50 service providers. Our packet optical, edge router and Software Defined Networking (SDN) solutions enable mobile and fixed line operators to reduce network complexity, increase service velocity, and improve resource utilization as transport networks scale in response to a new generation of high-bandwidth services and applications. Coriant was formed from the distinguished technology heritage and proven networking expertise of Nokia Siemens Networks Optical Networks, Tellabs, and Sycamore Networks. The company operates worldwide in more than 48 countries, with R&D centers in Asia, Germany, Portugal, Finland, Canada and the United States, as well as a state-of-the-art production center in Berlin, Germany. Learn more at www.coriant.com.
Scott Larson Media Relations Coriant +1.978.250.3433 firstname.lastname@example.org
Daniel Scaion Coriant Business Operations Coriant +220.127.116.1130.4861 Daniel.Scaion@Coriant.com