Coriant Unveils HCA – Cost-Disruptive Hyperscale Architecture for 5G, IoT, and Cloud Networks
Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™ Addresses the Explosive Growth of Internet Video Traffic While Reducing Network Costs by More than 50%
BARCELONA, Spain, 26 February 2017 – Today at Mobile World Congress 2017, Coriant unveiled the Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™, a cost-disruptive approach to building high performance networks optimized for emerging 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Internet video, and cloud services. The Hyperscale Carrier Architecture (HCA) represents a quantum leap forward in network innovation by delivering a minimum 50% lower network cost structure to carriers and content providers as compared with conventional approaches.
The Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™ brings together the best of telecom and the best of data center technologies and network design principles in a unified go-forward architecture optimized for 5G, IoT, and the unabated surge of Internet video traffic. The HCA is a holistic architecture covering transport, packet and routing end-to-end from subscriber access all the way to the peering point.
"We have been working toward the HCA vision for some time and are now sharing the details of the architecture and its components with customers worldwide for their input as well as the optimal path for operationalization of HCA’s disruptive innovation in their networks. We are very excited with the customer feedback on HCA thus far across North America, EMEA, APAC and Latin America, and look forward to expanding our HCA engagements starting right here at Mobile World Congress," said Shaygan Kheradpir, CEO of Coriant.
The simplified, scalable, and highly programmable Hyperscale Carrier Architecture achieves cost savings of 50% or more by leveraging the dramatic changes in underlying network traffic dynamics together with five key recent technological advances: purpose-built hyperscale system design; cost-optimized integration of IP into optical systems via Coriant Light IP™; silicon photonics economics; open systems; and SDN/NFV with next-gen-OSS enabled for extreme automation and deep programmability.
Coriant welcomes customers to our MWC 2017 showcase (Hall 2, Stand 2I30), where we will feature proven technology innovations and best-in-class solutions that underpin the Coriant HCA, including:
- Integrated multi-layer, multi-vendor automation and control powered by the Coriant Transcend™ SDN solution
- Policy-based network optimization for performance-sensitive Internet of Things (IoT), VoIP, and virtual mobile applications
- 5G-optimized mobile backhaul enabled by the scalable and power-efficient Coriant® 8600 Smart Router Series
- Game-changing hyperscale innovation enabled by the industry-leading Coriant Groove™ G30 Network Disaggregation Platform (NDP)
- Best-in-class coherent optical transmission for scalable, robust, and power-efficient transport, powered by the 400G-capable Coriant CloudWave™ Optics solution
- Universal switching and transport for flexible and future-proof metro and long haul networks, powered by the Coriant® mTera® Universal Transport Platform
- Open and purpose-built systems, including the DCI-optimized Coriant® 7300 OLS and Groove G30 OLS, a plug-and-play optical layer solution that provides 3X the density over comparable offerings
- Metro network flexibility enabled by the Coriant® Pluggable Optical Layer and feature-rich Coriant® 7100 Packet Optical Transport Platform
Join us at MWC 2017 to learn more about how the Coriant Hyperscale Carrier Architecture™ can transform networks for a new generation of powerful end-user applications and hyperscale traffic demands. To arrange a meeting with Coriant executives or technology experts, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coriant delivers innovative and dynamic networking solutions for a fast-changing and cloud-centric business world. The Coriant portfolio of SDN-enabled, edge-to-core packet optical networking and DCI solutions enables network operators to cost-efficiently scale network capacity, reduce operational complexity, and create the resilient foundation for a new generation of mobile, video, and cloud services. Coriant serves leading network operators around the world, including mobile and fixed line service providers, cloud and data center operators, Web 2.0 content providers, cable MSOs, government agencies, and large enterprises. With a distinguished heritage of technology innovation and service excellence, Coriant is helping its global customers maximize the value of their network infrastructure as demand for bandwidth explodes and the communications needs of businesses and consumers continue to evolve. Learn more at www.coriant.com and follow us on Twitter for the latest @Coriant news and information.
Scott Larson Coriant +1.978.250.3433 email@example.com